Spending four days at Wildwood with my two best friends was absolutely wonderful, and now it’s time to return to reality. Throughout these four glorious days, I acquired:
- A black t-shirt that has the German emblem and “German” written on it in gold, black and red.
- A Germany jersey (I’m a sucker when it comes to Germany. I’ve decided that after I graduate from college I’m going to travel to Germany so I can be there during the next World Cup).
- A pound of fudge for my family.
- A necklace with “ACP”, which stands for “Awesome Cool People”, the club my best friends and I created when we first met in 6th grade, engraved on a charm.
- A sore throat, nausea, and mucus-filled eyes. Not sure why my body decided to get sick on the second to last day.
- Deep fried Oreos (I’m sure they’re still swimming around in my stomach somewhere).
- Some sunburn, though my friend got the worst burns on the first day; only the spots I lotioned for her, her back and shoulders, remained unscathed.
- Rad vacation memories unblemished by alcohol or drugs.
- A few selfies and pictures my friend took.
- A CD of road trip music from my friend, who let me keep it after we came home.
- Four books: Great Expectations, Dubliners, The Portable Shakespeare, and the Diary of A Young Girl. Yes, my friends and I managed to find the ONLY book store on the boardwalk and proceeded to rampage through it.
The post-vacation depression from this adventure is likely to be severe, so I am going to do my best to keep myself preoccupied, which will hopefully include more frequent posting and writing.